richardderus

Expendable Mudge Muses Aloud

Snagged from His Lornship

The Hundred and One Dalmatians - Dodie Smith Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut Miss MacIntosh, My Darling - Marguerite Young The Passionate Art of Kitagawa Utamaro - Shugo Asano, Kitagawa Utamaro, Timothy  Clark

I pinched this from Bookliker Edward Lorn. I like it.

Greed
1. What is your most expensive book?

<I>The passionate art of Kitagawa Utamaro</i> (2 volumes in slipcase). Or this is the title I'm told it has...it's in Japanese, which I don't speak or read, but it's awesomely awesome and gorgeous.

Wrath
2. What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?

Louise Penny, for ripping my guts to shreds and for making the characters I care so much about that my guts CAN be ripped to shreds.

Gluttony
3. What book have you devoured over and over again with no shame?

<I>The Hundred and One Dalmatians</i> as a desperate-to-be-rescued child. I stopped reading it when the librarian refused to check it out to me again. Pursey-mouthed lacquered-haired cross-wearing wretch. I still hold a bitter grudge against her polyester-wrapped carcass. Hope she's still alive and suffering from locked-in syndrome.

Sloth
4. Which book have you neglected reading due to laziness?

<I>Miss MacIntosh, My Darling</i>. I am daunted by its heft and its constellation of literary lights warbling its praises. I'm sure I'll hate it and it would cause me more spiritual pain to hate a book beloved of Vonnegut than it does to admit to not having read it at all.

Pride
5. What book do you most talk about in order to sound like an intellectual reader?

Kurt Vonnegut’s <I>Slaughterhouse-Five</i>. And so it goes. (Lorn speaks for us both.)

Lust
6. What attributes do you find attractive in a male or female character?

Female characters? Don't care. Male characters? Over the local age of consent. NO TEENAGERS.

Envy
7. What book would you most like to receive as a gift?

The leather-bound illustrated extravaganza about Cord automobiles that languishes on my Amazon wishlist, mournfully lowing its unreadness at me. *wistful sigh*