richardderus

Expendable Mudge Muses Aloud

Gillespie and I - Jane  Harris Rating: √2 The Book Report: There isn't anything I can say that won't be a spoiler here. The book description from Amazon says:“As she sits in her Bloomsbury home with her two pet birds for company, elderly Harriet Baxter recounts the story of her friendship with Ned Gillespie—a talented artist whose life came to a tragic end before he ever achieved the fame and recognition that Harriet maintains he deserved.In 1888, young Harriet arrives in Glasgow during the International Exhibition. After a chance encounter with Ned, she befriends the Gillespie family and soon becomes a fixture in their lives. But when tragedy strikes, culminating in a notorious criminal trial, the certainty of Harriet’s new world rapidly spirals into suspicion and despair.”I think even that is a bit more than enough.My Review: If my rating this book with an irrational, unknowable, eternally expanding number doesn't tell you everything you need to know about how I feel about the book, here it is in one sentence:Massive amounts of fun on more levels than amusing, fun-to-read books ordinarily have.