richardderus

Expendable Mudge Muses Aloud

Books Can Be Deceiving - Jenn McKinlay 27. Pearl RuledRating: 1.5* of five (p76) The Book Description: Lindsey is getting into her groove as the director of the Briar Creek Public Library when a New York editor visits town, creating quite a buzz. Lindsey's friend Beth wants to sell the editor her children's book, but Beth's boyfriend, a famous author, gets in the way. When they go to confront him, he's found murdered-and Beth is the prime suspect. Lindsey has to act fast before they throw the book at the wrong person. My Review: Writing serviceable. Characters stock. Narration uninspired. Why the 1.5 stars? Now really. I like cozies, but knitting and discussing Rebecca when the horrible circ-desk dragon lady comes in? Just as the town nutball stands on his head to tell the director when they need to run the library book sale? P.U.But what did it, what made me so mad I went outside and tossed the book in the bin before the garbage guys picked up, is the fact that the sleuth, the love interest (or I miss my guess), and the suspect get off a boat, find the body, and I simply couldn't bring even a small frisson of interest to the party. Not a whit. Yuck. Yikes. I can't even quote anything because it's all much of a muchness, and not one turn of phrase or description so much as made an impression. This is so ~meh~ that the Mouldering Mound of ~Meh~ has misplaced it.